The Cherokee is a classic and good-looking tipi that sleeps up to six people.
The large door makes access to the ample living space easy and enhances the feeling of space. Flexible ventilation is offered by the apex mesh vent – alongside an elasticated stovepipe port. A zip runs from door to centre of the versatile zip-in groundsheet, enabling it to be safely folded back when using the optional stove, or to create a wet area.
HydroTex® Polycotton looks great, feels great and delivers top technical performance and comfort. The durable woven fabric has a water repellent treatment which encourages rain to run off the tent walls. As the rain gets heavier, the fabric’s fibres close up to form a waterproof seal. Its UV-decay-resistance treatment helps to ensure that it will last for many years with reasonable care.
This superb fabric is really appreciated by campers on sunny days as, being breathable, it helps to keep tent interiors comfortably cool compared to conventional materials.
Robens Outback tents in eye-catching designs with proven technical performance make this range ideal for families and groups looking to make a lifestyle statement while enjoying the outdoor experience.
User friendly and spacious, with ample headroom, Outback tents also prove durable and comfortable, using alloy poles (steel for Prospector) and our unique highly breathable HydroTex® Polycotton fabric that stabilises the tent’s inner microclimate. All feature a stovepipe port to take an optional Robens tent stove
- Flysheet: HydroTex Polycotton, 65% cotton / 35% polyester
- Pitching way: As one
- Groundsheet: Zip-in groundsheet, 210T Oxford polyester, 100% polyester, 5,000 mm
- Poles: Alloy anodised 30.8- 52 mm centre pole
- Pack size: 79 x 25 cm
- Weight: 13.6 kg
- Sleeps: 6 persons
- Usage: Mid-size tipi ideal for groups and families looking to combine traditional style with a technical element for base camp comfort
Wind Test Max 190 km/h Avg 190 km/h
- Breathable Hydrotex Polycotton flysheet to help elimenate condensation
- Alloy Poles for high strength to weight ratio
- Zip-in groundsheet for optimum protection from the elements, dirt and insects and to ease housekeeping. Twin zips enable it to be folded away from the door to create a wet area.
- Guyline retainer to hold folded guylines safely and securely
- Reduced noise in windy conditions
- Elasticated stovepipe port allows the use of a solid fuel stove designed for tent use. A fully adjustable cowl-protected mesh apex vent allows customised ventilation
Time to escape modern day pressures and seek out ways to reconnect with a simpler life that captures the essence of the great outdoors through interaction with nature. Time to cook, eat and socialise around the campfire and experience the enjoyment of pure outdoor living through our Robens Outback range of tents and accessories. We have taken inspiration from those sepia pictures of early American pioneers and prospectors to bring the back-to-basics bushcraft approach to outdoor living into the present. Our use of traditional designs with sympathetic materials and feature developments ensure comfort and reliability for modern pioneers.
Three new tents join the popular six updated tents for 2017. The classic tipi design of the Cherokee and Mohawk sleeps up to six in comfort, with the Mohawk featuring a Rain Safe door for extra convenience. The Prospector captures the spirit of early American pioneers in its frame ridge tent design.