As a business there are a number ways we have found we can help and are committed to reducing our environmental impact and below are some of the things we do to reduce waste.
- Where possible we recycle all our postal packaging and re-use cardboard boxes for dispatching orders
- On site recycling and waste reduction
- Reducing the use of paper for office and administration
- Working with our polybag suppliers to reduce environmental impact in manufacture
- Limiting the number of van and lorry trips between store sites to reduce carbon emmissions
- Introducing a comprehensive multi-site IT system to reduce and re-organise supplier deliveries to reduce carbon emmissions
- Introducing supplier agreements to provide spares from returned/faulty stock rather than committing it to landfill
As a retail supplier of electrical goods we will happily accept back your old electrical goods when you purchase a new item on a like-for-like basis.
Old electrical goods can be returned free of charge to any of our store sites, or returned at your expense to the following address: Camping World WEEE Returns, Unit 3 Blackwater Trading Estate, 26 Blackwater Way, Aldershot, Hampshire GU12 4DJ. For larger items we can arrange a courier collection on request which may cost you up to £100 depending on service necessary.
Why recycle your WEEE?
Unwanted electrical equipment is the UKs fastest growing type of waste.
Many electrical items can be repaired or recycled, saving natural resources and the environment. If you do not recycle, electrical equipment will end up in landfill where hazardous substances will leak out and cause soil and water contamination – harming wildlife and also human health.
To remind you that old electrical equipment can be recycled, it is now marked with a crossed-out wheeled bin symbol. Please do not throw any electrical equipment (including those marked with the crossed out wheeled bin symbol) in your bin.
Find more information on WEEE recycling, and locate your local recycling centre, at www.recyclenow.com